Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Exclusive: Revealing details on Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's new reality show


As you may have heard, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have created their own musical reality show, called 'Q' Viva: The Chosen'. The power couple will embark in the next couple of months through an extensive 21-country search for the next new talents in music, either it's singing, playing or dancing all over Latin America. For this special mission they are joined by 'American Idol's creator, Simon Fuller, and world-renowned director and choreographer, Jamie King.


King has an impressive resumé working with the brightest, most important names in the business. He's been behind unforgettable world tours for such artists as Madonna, Britney Spears, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Avril Lavigne, Ricky Martin and Rihanna, just to name a few. And now he's here to share with AOL Latino further details on what we can expect from 'Q' Viva':

How far are you into developing or filming 'Q' Viva'?
Right now we're really at the beginning stages, getting ready to embark in this journey, which is really in a way a discovery of Latin America and the 21 countries we're about to scout physically, ourselves, Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez. Our mission is to discover new, young talent. Actually, young is the not right word, it's about all ages. But if you are in one of the countries and you have someone that you think represents best your country, we want to know about it. We will follow the people in each country to find undiscovered talent. Also, since we're in the beginning stages, you can go to Youtube.com/QViva and upload videos. We're using the Internet as well, because Latin America, as you can imagine, is such a vast region to cover and we want to make sure we don't miss anything. So if you have a friend or someone you want to nominate in terms of creativity, either a best singer, poet, street performer, we will want to see it. We will be watching all those videos ourselves as well.

Have you been watching these videos from YouTube?
Yes! Right now, Jennifer, Marc and myself have been meticulously going through them because we want to make sure that nothing is overlooked. And for us, there's no age limit. We're looking for anything that represents a particular region. But I can't wait to go to each country and search for the talent. I'm so excited and I can't wait to see more.

What interested you the most about taking this job?
I would say it would start with my love of music, dance and culture, live shows. But also, I'm friends with Jennifer and Marc and our other partner, Simon Fuller. They are all great, amazing talents themselves and have created the most successful brands in the world, and that is completely inspiring. For us, it's all about finding the talent.

What makes it different from other shows like 'American Idol'?
Unlike any other show that you have out there, unlike 'Idol' or 'America's Got Talent', we are the talent scouts. We are physically going into these countries not only to find talent but to simultaneously learn about each country and its culture, its similarities and differences with other countries. What makes them unique, what is their voice and the essence of each of the countries. There has never been a show that has really celebrated Latin America this way: the beauty, the splendor, the complexity and all the color that make up Latin America. Our intention is to show that to the rest of the world.

What is it about Latino culture that you find most appealing?
I don't know about you, but I have a background in dance and I LOVE when a good drum song comes on, with the rhythm in the music and also, the fire of the people, their sexiness. The communal kind of love that unites them is so inspiring and I want to learn more about that. I'm not Latin, I'm American, so I'm very much learning as I go in this process. I'm looking to find undiscovered talent but I'm also learning so much about the cultures myself. So the audience watching us will be learning through me, the American who doesn't speak Spanish. I'm looking forward to learning more as I go apart from the things I know and that I have learned from directing shows for Ricky Martin, Shakira, Thalía and Paulina Rubio.


How was it working with them?
For me there's no greater experience every time I have had the privilege to work with a Latin artist. And I've gotta say, I've worked with many, many artists, but each one of them, Ricky, Shakira, Paulina, Thalía, they have a particular fire, soul and energy that comes with the job that I find so inspiring. I must admit all of them have been one of the greatest experiences in my career.

Do you have any specific dates when you're coming down to each country?
Not right now, but we will embark on this journey very soon. You will definitely know when huge stars like Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez land in your city (laughs). So I'm definitely looking forward to that happening very soon.

Watch the official teaser and behind-the-scenes footage of '¡Q' Viva! The Chosen.'

Source Gustavo Heredia


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More